Two farm attacks have been reported in South Africa in the past few hours, with two men who lost their lives.
In the latest incident, a 69-year-old farmer was attacked and killed by five men in Heidelberg, Gauteng. Capt. Police spokesperson Kay Makhubele said the attack took place between 01:00 and 02:00 Wednesday morning after the suspects forced their access to the man’s house. Makhubele said the victim was injured in his chest and died at the scene, after which the suspects fled with the man’s vehicle, household items and a safe. Two suspects were arrested in Ratanda where the police repaired a firearm and their two demolition vehicles. AfriForum’s Ian Cameron said the increase in farm murders was about.
The other incident is a man died after three armed robbers attacked and shot him in his house near Nelspruit in Mpumalanga.
The attackers got access to the house at De Rust in the outskirts area by a door that was not locked on Tuesday night. The deceased, John Bosman, 61, sat and watched TV when he was overtaken, said Kol. Police spokesman Mtsholi Bhembe. His wife was in the bedroom.
Bosman was shot in the upper body in the stumbling block that followed, but his wife locked herself into the room. He shouted at her to push the panic button.
“His wife later came out of the room and found her man in a puddle of blood on the floor,” said Bhembe. She called for help. When security guards arrived at the scene shortly afterwards, the attackers had already fled, probably on foot.
A TV set stolen from the house was found in bushes near the house.
The police started a search for the three, but nobody was arrested yet.
Nevertheless, the presidency declares that everything in South Africa is under control. These two attacks took place for several hours and it is clear that little or nothing is done to ensure the safety of our farmers. Farm murders and attacks are a reality, the president and not a fable.