The EFF has vehemently denied any accusations of wrongdoing on the part of the party or its deputy leader Floyd Shivambu in regards to the VBS looting saga.
The denials have served to highlight how the EFF perceives itself as above suspicion and not beholden to the same standards which it places on other political party’s –
The EFF’s tactics in dealing with the VBS matter is reminiscent of the ANC’s tactics while Jacob Zuma ruled with absolute freedom.
The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) has vehemently denied any and all accusations of wrongdoing on the part of the party or its deputy leader Floyd Shivambu in regards with the VBS looting saga.
The EFF has defended Shivambu and instead launched a scathing attack on the forensic report written by Advocate Terry Motau who together with Werksman attorneys conducted a forensic investigation into the near collapse of VBS.
The EFF has built a reputation for itself of ruthlessly attacking the ruling African National Congress (ANC) in particular and going after any and all political parties, organisations, groups or individuals who are implicated in corrupt activities.
The EFF’s weeklong silence on the VBS matter followed by its denials have, however, highlighted how the party perceives itself as above suspicion and not beholden to the same standards which it holds others to.
Free signup to our Dating Service …just click Dating Service now !!
Briefly looks at 5 reasons why the EFF isn’t putting into practice what it preaches.
1. EFF leader Julius Malema effectively told the public during the party’s three-hour long media briefing on Tuesday that the allegations against Floyd Shivambu and the EFF were baseless before he had been given all the details.
2. The EFF seems to have taken a leaf out of the Jacob Zuma era ANC’s tactics of denying all allegations until the media finds something else to report.
3. Rather than launching an internal forensic probe into the matter the EFF immediately attacked the integrity of the report and its author Advocate Terry Motaung. Malema questioned why Motaung had not met with Brian Shivambu to listen to his version of events. This behaviour combined with our next point shows how the EFF is trying to deflect attention away from itself.
4. Malema blamed Pravin Gordhan, the National Treasury and the media for launching a witch-hunt against the EFF which aimed to damage the party ahead of the 2019 election. Malema claims Gordhan has a grudge against the party because it successfully got former finance minister Nhlanhla Nene to resign.
5. News24.com reported that the very fact that the EFF has been so forceful in its denials instead of undertaking full-scale verifiable investigations have served to focus public attention on the party.
Would you like to advertise on this very popular website ?? Just drop me an e-mail at email@example.com, and I will tell you how !!