The government is going to stop private medical aids! The government is going to force people to become part of the state’s National Health Insurance (NHI) Fund – people have no choice.
This means an ANC official is now going to decide who your doctor is and what hospital families can go to, even if you can get a Disprin.
That’s how the NHI works:
1. Only if you earn a job or income are you going to have to pay for the NHI Fund. The government will have to impose an additional 5% tax. People also no longer get the SARS benefit for medical.
2. There will be no coverage if ANC officials do not consider it “medically necessary” and if there is no “cost-saving intervention”. If the NHI refuses your treatment, you will have to appeal first … if you are still alive.
3. You will have to register with a state doctor, as determined by the government. Doctors will treat a limited number of patients. Your visits to doctors may also be limited.
4. There will be strict rules to see specialists. Bureaucrats will decide whether to see a specialist. E.g. Caesarean will be limited as midwives are employed for the services.
5. Private medical aid can now disappear.
6. The Minister appoints the management of the NHI Fund. Everything will be given on BEE tenders. #corruption !. ….. Expect long rows; long waiting times, poor service and empty pharmacies.
We are going to have to go head on before Parliament approves. The NHI can destroy people’s lives! There are a number of organizations fighting this (IRR, DA, FF, Solidarity).
We must stand together and show our opposition. The IRB has an easy way to help. You just click on the link to add your name to show opposition and support the campaign. https://bit.ly/2YAib6o Just send it to your family and friends.