The Electoral Commission of South Africa (IEC) has confirmed that there will be a record number of political parties contesting the national ballot paper on Wednesday 8 May, as the public make their voices heard for the 2019 Elections. There are 48 organizations vying for the vote in all nine provinces.
Of course, all the regular stalwarts are there. You may (or may not, depending on your current levels of cynicism) be pleased to know that the ANC, DA and EFF have been able to register themselves without any hiccups: The biggest problem the top brass have had during campaign season is keeping their billboards intact.
Parties sign IEC’s Code of Conduct
Earlier on Wednesday, Cyril Ramaphosa signed the IEC’s Code of Conduct on behalf of the ANC. The document has been brought in to ensure all parties play fair in the fight to lead South Africa. The president said it was imperative that “the will of the people” is delivered freely:
Who is allowed to contest the 2019 Elections?
However, there are some more obscure – and infamous – parties looking to make a dent in the share of the national vote. The newly established Capitalist Party of South Africa, purple cow and all, have made it onto the list, alongside single-issue outfits The Land Party and Forum 4 Service Delivery.
The 2019 Elections will also see several famous faces leading their own political organisations for the first time. Good, the movement created and spear-headed by Patricia de Lille, will be looking to make an early impression after forming just a few months ago.
Elsewhere, Jimmy Manyi‘s African Transformation Party and Hlaudi Motsoeneng’s African Content Movement will also be up for a national nomination. Whereas these two could be the butt of the political jokes by May, there are some inclusions that have voters concerned.
Parties such as Black First Land First (BLF) and Front Nasionaal are frequently accused of racist behaviour, and their addition to the 2019 Elections is likely to cause a stir going forward. In fact, several applications have been filed against the BLF, in a bid to block them from running this year.
All political parties contesting the 2019 Elections:
* African Christian Democratic Party
– African Congress of Democrats
* African Content Movement
– African Covenant
* African Democratic Change
– African Independent Congress
* African National Congress
– African People’s Convention
* African Renaissance Unity
– African Security Congress
* African Transformation Movement
– Afrikan Alliance of Social Democrats
* Agang South Africa
– Al Jama-ah
* Alliance for Transformation for All
– Azanian People’s Organisation
* Better Residents Association
– Black First Land First
* Capitalist Party of South Africa
– Christian Political Movement
* Compatriots of South Africa
– Congress of the People
* Democratic Alliance
– Democratic Liberal Congress
* Economic Emancipation Forum
– Economic Freedom Fighters
* Forum 4 Service Delivery
– Free Democrats
* Front Nasionaal
* Independent Civic Organisation of South Africa
– Inkatha Freedom Party
* International Revelation Congress
– Land Party
* Minority Front
– National Freedom Party
* National People’s Ambassadors
– National People’s Front
* Pan Africanist Congress of Azania
– Patriotic Alliance
* People’s Revolutionary Movement
– Power of Africans Unity
* Socialist Revolutionary Workers Party
– South African Maintenence and Estate Beneficiaries Association
* South African National Congress of Traditional Authorities
– United Democratic Movement
* Vryheids-Front Plus / Freedom Front Plus
– Women Forward
ANC president, Cyril Ramaphosa pledges to uphold the electoral code of conduct.
This news release does not necessarily reflect the opinion of SA-news.
Free Insurance and MVV (Motor Vehicle Accident Insurance) Quotations and Funeral Plans Online …. Just send “Home” or “Auto” or “Life” or “Funeral” or “MVV” and your Full Name, Age and Cell Number to: email@example.com, or SMS / WhatsAPP the word with your full name, age and email address to: 062 30 30 314, or just go to www.MedSure.co.za , enter the appropriate form and we’ll call you.
Free signup to our Dating Service …just click Dating Service now !!
Would you like to advertise on this very popular website ?? Just drop me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will tell you how !!