The ANC mistakenly sent notes about its national working committee meeting to its media national working committee meeting on Tuesday night April 4, 2017.The NWC met in Johannesburg as divisions deepen following President Jacob Zuma’s Cabinet reshuffle last week.
According to the email sent out by mistake, issues discussed included:
Change of leadership and attendant issues
• How do we deal with some of our comrades becoming part of a force united against us
• Prevailing contradictions. SA problem is a class struggle. Removal of the President will not resolve such contradictions
• Mobilising by Cde Pravin
• Irreparable breakdown of the relationship between the President and Former Finance Minister
• Officials managing NWC, defence of the ANC where National Office fails, Officials apologies for display of disunity, using Constitution where it suits them, explain your ill discipline
• Cde Kathrada Funeral – manner in which some NEC members and Ministers behaved
• Cannot just malign view that we differ with, must be entertained in a credible structure of the organisation
• Reshuffle triggered resurgence of dead movement #ZumaMustFall
• Firm belief that they can remove President Zuma
• Mobilised within the state, works with opposition, disgruntled ANC members
• Character assassinations in traditional and new media
Shortly afterwards, ANC spokesperson Zizi Kodwa issued a saying it was sent out in error.
“The African National Congress has noted erroneous communication send to the ANC Media List from ANC Communications,” the statement read.
“This communication was sent out in error, is not an official statement of the ANC neither does it represent the views of the ANC. It should thus not be used for the purposes of reporting.”
The ANC would brief media about its NWC meeting on Wednesday.