Huge news this Tuesday morning as the presidency has announced another cabinet reshuffle. After weeks of rumours building up again, Zuma has finally decided to pull the trigger and axe Higher Education Minister Blade Nzimande.
There are five main changes to the cabinet in total.
Zuma released the following statement announcing the reshuffle.
After careful consideration, I have decided to make the following changes to the National Executive;
1. Professor Hlengiwe Mkhize is the Minister of Higher Education and Training
2. Ms Ayanda Dlodlo is the Minister of Home Affairs
3. Ms Mmamaloko Kubayi is the Minister of Communications
4. Mr David Mahlobo is the Minister of Energy
5. Adv. Bongani Thomas Bongo is the Minister of State Security
6. Mr Buti Manamela is the Deputy Minister of Higher Education and Training
I thank the former members of the National Executive for good service in their previous portfolios.
I wish the members who are assuming new portfolios all the best in their new responsibilities.
Somewhat surprisingly, Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma has not been appointed to cabinet as many analysts had expected.
By: The South African