It has come to our attention that the DA’s Patricia De Lille has been using her power in the party to create jobs for her family.
1. De Lille employed her son, Alistair De Lille, as head of finance for the ID in Parliament without him having a qualification or experience in this field.
2. De Lille instructed ID councillors in Theewaterskloof (TWK) to appoint her sister Veronica Paulse as area manager (senior manager position) responsible for Riviersonderend (without relevant experience, qualification or competence). She is now working at the City of Cape Town.
3. De Lille ensured appointment of her sister’s (National Assembly MP Sarah Paulse) son, Shaun, in the Witzenberg’s Mayors office as strategic manager and then appointed him in Stellenbosch’s deputy mayoral office. The deputy mayor John Andrews who resisted, was removed and is still without a job.
4. De Lille’s sister Cynthia Jeffreys was appointed sub-council chair in City of cape Town by DA.
5. De Lille also appointed her brother in law, Vern Jeffreys, (husband of Cynthia Jeffreys) as director in Western Cape Provincial Parliament. He has no experience or qualification suited to the post.
6. De Lille appointed the husband of her sister, Desmond Paulse, (husband of her sister Sarah Paulse) as her driver.
7. De Lille instructed ID caucus to appoint the wife of ID MP Jo MacGluwa (Nadia MacGluwa is a very close friend of Patricia) as accountant at TWK. Now in her MEC office.